View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
Nauset, sakonnet or eastport
Glenn Davies
#1 Print Post
Posted on 05/15/10 - 3:58 PM

Comments: 0

I have owned this boat for approx: 30 Years and I am about to refinhed the boat for 3rd and last time.

I have just discovered Whaler Central and would appreciate any help from fellow members, during my 1st refinish in 1980,
we re-gelcoated over the serial number so my first question is what are the main differences between the 3 boats ?

My wood center console seems to be different, the two side panels and panel facing the bow are continuous to the floor, there
is no break ? other than that they, are identical.

My whaler has the red compass, and the single arm throttle with a red nob on top.

The interior is light blue green, and my understanding was it was a late 60's boat.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Glenn Davies on 05/15/10 - 4:06 PM

Joe Kriz
#2 Print Post
Posted on 05/15/10 - 4:35 PM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Comments: 452

You will probably never know the exact year without the Stencil number.

However, the hull is the same for the Nauset, Eastport and Sakonnet.
The only difference is the interior.
Look in the "Whaler Model Specifications" link to view the different models or in the members personal pages.

Glenn Davies
#3 Print Post
Posted on 05/15/10 - 4:40 PM

Any thoughts on the console.

Joe Kriz
#4 Print Post
Posted on 05/15/10 - 4:51 PM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Comments: 452

I've seen the 2 variations.
I'm not sure which one came first like the egg or the chicken. Smile

Things do change through the years.

Tharsheblows
#5 Print Post
Posted on 05/15/10 - 5:01 PM
Personal Page

Glen the Info you seek is in the left sidebar under (Whaler Model Specifications) But in a nut shell all three had the same Mahogany console the Sakonnet had a Mahogany flooring called a casting deck that started from the sides of the console and up over the two molded side steps and level with the fiberglass surface that has your anchor locker.
I also had a different seat from the other two. It had a RPS seat which stands for reversable pilot seat which is basically a box with a pivioting back rest that can be used forward facing or rearward it also gave extra storage.
The Nauset had the same console but the pilot seat was a bench that outside of the boat looks like a small church pew.
The Eastport was the same as the Nauset except the addition of a Mahogany bench seat from gunnel to gunnel at the rear of the boat.
I have not till now heard anyone with a solid console to floor and I wonder if it was manfactured by Boston Whaler their prints show only the two piece console. Bob

Tharsheblows
#6 Print Post
Posted on 05/15/10 - 5:34 PM
Personal Page

Having replaced my console I have a opinion as to the reason for the two piece build. The upper section has the angles and the inset corner round moulding the lower section is merely a simple wood box and easy to replace if the bottom was to rot. Bob

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 11, 2024 - 3:50 AM
Users Online
Welcome
jessecallen
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 12
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,073
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,627
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 399
· Sport 15 364

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.15 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,378,348 unique visits