View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
Anyone out on the Intercoastal in the Charlotte Harbor/Englewood area this weekend?
JohnnyCW
#1 Print Post
Posted on 11/29/09 - 7:57 AM

Comments: 0

Finally took my 17' Outrage back down to the Englewood area where I usually keep it. Have had the vessel at home with me in the Tampa Bay area the last several months for complete rewiring, some minor repairs, and re-power.

Took my brother-in-law, niece and my daughter down for the weekend to my parents weekend intercoastal home located right at Stump Pass on the mainland side. What a beautiful Friday and Saturday we had. Got a little chilly when the sun ducked behind the clouds momentarily but was very comfortable otherwise. Put 12 full hours on the new motor in just two days while cruising around Lemon Bay, Charlotte Harbor, and all the way South to Captiva and South Seas Resort for lunch. Even came out on the Gulf at Boca Grande for a few miles going North around Gasparilla Island but the girls weren't comfort ale with the 4' swell so we ducked back in the Intercoastal at Little Gasparilla Pass.

Saw a ton of Whalers on the Intercoastal. A lot more than I would usually notice. Passed another 17' Outrage, looked like a 92-93 maybe and more classic 17' Montauk's than I can recall. Plenty of big Whalers too.

My new 115 Etec is performing flawlessly. I'm not a small guy at 220 pounds and my brother-in-law is 6'3" and a little over 300 pounds. Along with the two kids at about 90 pounds each and a full 30 gallons of gas, the Etec still jumps on plane instantly. What a difference from the original 115 Merc which would have struggled a bit with the same load. About 700+ pounds of passengers and it was like I was by myself! The hydraulic Baystar steering is proving to have been a worthwhile investment as well.

myakka
#2 Print Post
Posted on 04/20/10 - 2:43 AM

Comments: 0

Sorry I missed this. I live on the Myakka and work on Boca Grande. Looks like the new E-tec is working out for you. Here is an event in that area you may like.http://partycovefl.com/default.aspxfault.aspx

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 18, 2024 - 11:42 AM
Users Online
Welcome
rhall228
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 8
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,102
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,628
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 399
· Sport 15 364

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.18 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,506,405 unique visits