View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
New to the site
SJ Striper
#1 Print Post
Posted on 04/04/05 - 4:50 PM

Comments: 0

Hello everyone,

I am a new owner of a Boston Whaler. I was fortunate to have fished on this boat many, many times and was fortunate enough to purchase it.

It is 1988 22 foot Classic Outrage with a Whaler Drive and a 1998 Yamaha EFI 250 OX66 Saltwater series outboard. The boat has the super console, t-top, radar, color FF, GPSMAP. A real nice package.

The wood on the console was completely refinished last year. The wood on the back needs work and the previous owner had bought Starboard ($300)and had it milled to fit all areas. I have to make a decision to use the Starboard or to refinish the teak in the back.

Anyway, I'm glad I found this site and plan to visit many times and will share pictures when I learn how.

Thanks,
SJ

cdnwhaler
#2 Print Post
Posted on 04/04/05 - 5:27 PM
Personal Page

Welcome SJ Striper,
I have a similiar Outrage 22' but a 1984 without the whalerdrive. Sounds like you have a great rig.

My personal opinion of the teak question is to never replace it with anything let alone starboard. All boats should have some wood on them, and your teak is what makes your boat a classic whaler. There are several ways to clean it up depending on condition, which can be discussed, but I recommend Bristol Finish for the finishing part.
www.bristolfinish.com

My main point is, if at all possible, don't get rid of the teak.
My opinion.

Regards,

Peter - [color=red]1984 Outrage 22'[/color]

SJ Striper
#3 Print Post
Posted on 04/04/05 - 5:36 PM

Thanks for the reply.

I posted in the repair area about the teak hatches. 2 of the smaller ones,starboard bilge hatch, and starboard rear deck hatch have major cracks in the wood. I could probably plate underneath to secure the crack and then refinish the surface. I appreciate all advice in this area.

Any advice on posting pictures?

Thanks,
SJ.

cdnwhaler
#4 Print Post
Posted on 04/04/05 - 7:29 PM
Personal Page

SJ Striper
Yes I saw your other post, but too late. Joe Kriz has already responded to it.

As for posting pictures. It's all a little new to us since this site as you see it is fairly new but if you look over to left side of your screen you;'ll see the "Navigation" bar. Under "Photos" you'll see "Members Personal Pages". This the area where we can create our own personal web page with pictures of our Whalers. If you look lower down under "Features" you'll see "Personal Page Tutorial".

Also, in the Forum area there is a catagory marked "Personal Pages". Within this there are more tips on this procedure. I've provided a direct link below.

http://www.whalercentral.com/fusion_f...forum_id=3

And now that I think about it, this is may be where you should move this discussion so we don't lose you !

Hope this helps. We look forward to your pictures.

1984 Outrage 22

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 21, 2024 - 11:24 AM
Users Online
Welcome
rhturner
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 16
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,111
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,628
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 399
· Sport 15 364

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.15 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,564,705 unique visits