View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
1989 22ft. Outrage cuddy WD upgrades
Cudabob
#1 Print Post
Posted on 03/12/23 - 6:52 AM

Comments: 1

Hey there,
Decided to upgrade my 1989 outrage cuddy WD w new engines, gas tank, T-top, console, electronics etc. I want to install a livewell in the lift out 15gal. box in the transom area. It's the perfect space but my problem is in plumbing it. Ideally I would like a thru hull high speed pick up and an overboard drain. Additionally I'll be installing a wash down pump that obviously will need a water supply. Currently the gas tank is being fabricatedand the console is being modified, so with everything exposed now is the time to address livewell, thru hulls etc. Hopefully someone has been there & done that . Thanks in advance for any and all info.
PS: will soon post a bunch of pics that might be helpful to someone else.

acassidy
#2 Print Post
Posted on 03/16/23 - 2:15 PM
Personal Page

Comments: 1

i used own a 22 foot 1985 model and I installed a water pick up in the drain hole in the forward bilge. The one right in front of the console. I just replaced the thru hull with a water pickup thru hull. Put a water down pump in the console for wash down. You could y into that and run a hose in the tunnel back to a live well. I also put a bigle pump down in that bilge to pump water out if I got some in there. This is assuming you don’t have a tank in there. I have seen people do the same thing in the bilge area behind the fuel tank basically the old Livewell and put a pick up and use that through hull basically replacing the brass through tube with a pick up and then run from that. This was an open transom boat, so yours might be laid out different. Option three would be put a pick up on the transom they make flush mount water pick up that dip below the boat for this purpose. Love to see pictures of it.
Archie

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 19, 2024 - 2:33 AM
Users Online
Welcome
rhall228
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 8
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,102
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,628
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 399
· Sport 15 364

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.13 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,516,045 unique visits