View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
Mills Canvas
Silentpardner
#1 Print Post
Posted on 12/10/22 - 9:21 AM
Personal Page

Comments: 1

I am looking for the canvas zip-in panels to complete my canvas set on the 1989 Whaler 27FC WD that I have.

There are 7 zip in panels needed to upgrade from the optional canvas package that this boat was originally equipped with.
2 each port and starboard that zip together vertically, and zip in separately horizontally at the Bimini top, and snap onto the gunnels at the bottom around the fishing cockpit area to the stern.
3 panels zip in at top of stern bimini. I am still researching, but I think I may already have these 3 panels. I have 3 panels in the optional canvas package that is used to completely enclose the lounge/helm area. These may be used for both this application and the camper package application, I have not had a chance to actually try these yet.

I need to locate the drawings at a minimum in order to make the panel patterns if possible. I have already contacted Mills. They say they do not have the patterns drawings anymore and they are lost. I know that people on this site have access to this material, and I would really appreciate if I could get this original equipment information.

Thanks in advance,
Jerry Mooney

Phil T
#2 Print Post
Posted on 12/10/22 - 10:18 AM
Administrator
Personal Page
Personal Album
Project Albums

Comments: 6

Jerry -

I think your going to need to have the panels made in-situ.

Sorry.

1992 Outrage 17 I
2019 E-TEC 90, Viper 17 2+
2018 Load Rite Elite 18280096VT

Silentpardner
#3 Print Post
Posted on 12/11/22 - 11:29 AM
Personal Page

Phil, there is a photo of the cover of the 1989 Boston Whaler Options Catalog on this site. Any idea where the rest of it is? I could start there....

Silentpardner
#4 Print Post
Posted on 12/11/22 - 11:32 AM
Personal Page

A set of photos of the original camper canvas setup from Mills would be great, actually...this has to exist somewhere...somebody has these, and I bet the holder of this information I need might not even know how valuable it is. I would also bet that a copy of the Camper Canvas installation instructions also exists somewhere.

I am confident that if this documentation exists, it must be in the custody of Whaler Central members and site administrators/patrons.

Edited by Silentpardner on 12/11/22 - 11:38 AM

Finnegan
#5 Print Post
Posted on 01/20/23 - 12:21 AM

Comments: 16

It sounds to me like your boat has a custom canvas setup. Most of the full cabin models used a hardtop, which required custom canvas. According to what literature I have, Mills/Whaler only offered the Flying Top set (top and windshield) and Weather Curtain Set, which included two side curtains and a 3 piece drop curtain. These items were for a boat with no hardtop. Nothing appears to completely enclose the cockpit back to the transom.

The page I have shows Bob Dougherty's Full Cabin full transom inboard powered boat, named "Whaler One", and showing this canvas. it's a nice looking setup. If you want a copy, I can email it to you.

As far as I know, Whaler never offered any drawing on the actual design and construction of the actual canvas pieces, as that was the property of Mills. The only canvas related drawings available to the customer were the installation-to-boat drawings showing fitting placements and lashing instructions.

Edited by Finnegan on 01/20/23 - 12:31 AM

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 1, 2024 - 8:27 PM
Users Online
Welcome
BradyDahms
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 4
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,040
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,626
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 398
· Sport 15 363

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.18 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,208,345 unique visits