View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
2012 150 Super Sport, get home motor bracket?
Putnamehere
#1 Print Post
Posted on 08/17/22 - 1:25 PM

Comments: 0

HI,
First post since registering yesterday. We're looking for a motor bracket to install on our 2012 150 Super Sport to be used with a Yamaha 2.5 hp as a get home motor and probably trolling. I've searched this site and only found one made by Tanner in Bellingham but they don't make brackets anymore. The problem is the cutout for the Honda 60 isn't very wide, not enough to clamp on a little motor. If you know that it is possible please let me know.

There's room on the transom to mount a bracket but due to the stern corner molded in seats, access to the bolts from the cockpit is restricted. I'd prefer not to cut access ports into those seats.

Any suggestions for a bracket, a way to install it so as not to interfere with the main motor or maybe an offset bracket that could bolt on next to the main motor but be angled to the side for the little one? Is there some kind of bracket that clamps onto the top of the transom so no holes will need to be drilled that's large enough to fit over the rub rail and narrow transom deck?

Final, questions, I found this "New Thread" page by searching online. How to I reach this point where I can make a post from within Whaler Central? Is there a way to preview my photos added to the posts in Preview or do I have to wait till my post is published? Should I ask these questions to the website managers? If so, how?

Thanks.

Joe Kriz
#2 Print Post
Posted on 08/17/22 - 1:51 PM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Comments: 452

Hi,

The Discussion Forums are under the "Main" menu at the top of every page.
https://www.whalercentral.com/forum/i.../index.php

There you will see all the different areas and any new questions since your last visit.

Photos can be previewd at the bottom of "New Thread" which is a button called "Preview Thread". You will then be able to view your photo you uploaded.

Phil T
#3 Print Post
Posted on 08/17/22 - 5:19 PM
Administrator
Personal Page
Personal Album
Project Albums

Comments: 6

It is extremely rare for a kicker to be installed on a hull that small.

There really isn't much of an area to install a bracket.

The prevailing advice is to invest in a Sea Tow subscription if your concerned about getting home.

Not sure how you can through bolt a bracket either.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/panth...lsrc=3p.ds

1992 Outrage 17 I
2019 E-TEC 90, Viper 17 2+
2018 Load Rite Elite 18280096VT

Putnamehere
#4 Print Post
Posted on 08/17/22 - 8:45 PM

Thanks Joe, I'll look for the info you mentioned.

Thanks Phil, yes, there's not much room for a bracket. The boat gets used in an area without any kind of towing service as far as I know.

Guess I'll have to keep looking.

Thanks.

Putnamehere
#5 Print Post
Posted on 08/20/22 - 10:07 PM

Hey Phil,
I checked into a towing outfit in the area where the boat is used and sure enough, there was one! Thanks for the suggestion.
Dave

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
April 27, 2024 - 7:27 AM
Users Online
Welcome
HR
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 16
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,025
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,626
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 550
· Nauset 16 396
· Sport 15 363

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.15 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,105,742 unique visits