View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
Boston whaler 130 2005 operate question.
tydengr
#1 Print Post
Posted on 10/19/20 - 3:43 PM

Comments: 0

I am new to boat and just got a 130 Sport 2005 and need to understand how to operate the boat. I thought it is simple and forget to ask the previous owner.

Can you give me the definition and how/when it will be used for the following:

1) Throttle only button?
2) Neutral release lever?
3) Idle lever?

User manual not give me a clear information about these.

Thank you,
ty

wrangler
#2 Print Post
Posted on 10/20/20 - 3:35 AM

Comments: 0

I am not sure what controls you are using. I will explain how a typical engine control works.

Push handle forward, clutches in and get rpm to go faster, pull handle back the other way and reverse the prop direction.

Single lever control- With the handle up and engine at idle, there is a button where the handle connects to the control, when you push that in the handle disconnects the clutch and when you move the handle you Only have rpms and no prop motion. You can speed up the engine but the prop stays in neutral. Move the handle back to neutral, the button pops out and you have regained prop direction control.

On older controls with 2 lever ops, (normally on older 2 stroke motors) you had a clutch control and a throttle or speed control. There was a small lever (called the choke) you pulled up to increase rpm without engaging the prop. You used this to start the engine and warm it up. Then close it when it warms up. Then when it was warmed up, you used the 1 lever to engage the prop and the other lever to speed up the engine. When you needed to reverse, you brought the speed to idle, the gear lever to reverse and back to the speed lever to slow down. More work, so the single lever solved that problem.

Edited by wrangler on 10/21/20 - 3:03 AM

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 15, 2024 - 10:08 AM
Users Online
Welcome
swtruluck
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 9
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,089
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,627
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 399
· Sport 15 364

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.13 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,442,804 unique visits