View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
2001 Conquest 23'
Stripminer
#1 Print Post
Posted on 04/19/18 - 8:43 AM

Comments: 0

Ladies and Gents, I am new to the forum, thank you for having me. I am also the proud new owner of 2001 23' Conquest with a Merc 250 Optimax on back. I am eager to splash her and get to know her better but have a number of questions about the boat and am having a hard time finding much about this year / model BW.

The boat is in very good shape with a few issues here and there, anyone with any insights or mods to these issues, please feel free to comment. Please forgive my laundry list of questions.

1. What is the "pocket" inside the cuddy on the port side supposed to hold?
2. The transom door latch is missing the "pin" that keeps the door closed, any workarounds or replacements?
3. My electronics box door can't shut (above the wheel) due to the GPS sitting near the latch, looking for a workaround.
4. The helm cushions seem "flat", the part under your thigh is much taller than the part that holds your derrier, is this normal, any way to balance the cushioning?
5. With the Optimax 250 pushing this boat, what cruising speed / top end should I expect?
6. Why is there so little information online about this boat?

I think that i enough for now, I thank you for your consideration and time.

Edited by Stripminer on 04/19/18 - 8:46 AM

Joe Kriz
#2 Print Post
Posted on 04/25/18 - 12:44 PM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Comments: 452

Hello Stripminer and welcome to WhalerCentral.

I can't tell you too much about this model but there are 86 members listed here on our site.
http://www.whalercentral.com/viewpage...age_id=168

Take a look at the members personal pages.
There are 4 members with the Conquest 23' from 1998-2001
Maybe they can also give you some ideas.
http://www.whalercentral.com/viewpage...page_id=65

The Conquest 230 was not made until 2002 and later so please don't confuse with what you have.
http://www.whalercentral.com/userphot...lbum_id=66

Enjoy your new to you Conquest 23' and good luck.

Phil T
#3 Print Post
Posted on 04/25/18 - 1:24 PM
Administrator
Personal Page
Personal Album
Project Albums

Comments: 6

Strip-

Welcome to the whaler family.

www.bostonwhaler.com does have some technical information in their "Resources" section.

NOTE - The website violates the model name convention rules and calls your model a 230 even though the drawing show 23'.

http://www.bostonwhaler.com/boat-owne...resources/

Enter the YEAR, hit submit, Select Family (Conquest), then submit, then Conquest 230, then submit, then select ALL Diagrams and submit.

You will be presented with 12 hyperlinks. Each will be a PDF drawing or parts list. I would download, save and print all for future reference.

The Deck assembly drawing shows the door. The second list - Deck Assemby Parts list shows item 18, Latch with the part # 1037381. Double check the drawing.

To get OEM parts, contact the Parts Manager at your local Whaler dealer. If they are not helpful, contact Sue Lodel, Parts Manager at Twin Cities Marine. www.beacontcm.com

For OEM cushions, contact Tena www.amfg.us While their website is lacking, their products and service are A1.

Edited by Phil T on 04/25/18 - 1:27 PM
1992 Outrage 17 I
2019 E-TEC 90, Viper 17 2+
2018 Load Rite Elite 18280096VT

EJO
#4 Print Post
Posted on 04/26/18 - 11:25 AM
Personal Page

Comments: 6

Stripminer wrote:

Without the dimensions of its size we can only assume.
Are you talking in the center console but no matter what it sounds like a space for the USCG approved fire-extinguisher or there might have been some tackle boxes there.

Skipper E-J
m/v "Clumsy Cleat" a 2008 Montauk 150

Stripminer
#5 Print Post
Posted on 04/27/18 - 5:18 AM

Gents,

Thanks for the input, to address the "pocket" question. Inside the cabin there is a cut out on the port side between the cockpit and the cabin, it is lined in vinyl and I think it holds the triangular piece that goes over the area one would put their feet in. I am looking forward to getting her wet this weekend and appreciate your input.

RPK
#6 Print Post
Posted on 05/15/18 - 4:18 PM

Have the exact same boat, except with a 225 Merc on the back, also bought within the last 6 months. Getting to know her pretty well so feel free to ask.
Regarding the GPS, unscrew all the screws on the white flange, and the entire thing will lift out. There is a box attached to it and you can move the supports back for a larger GPS

djwhite
#7 Print Post
Posted on 08/11/18 - 8:55 AM

Have the same boat but earlier 1997. Almost fully restored new twin yamaha 150 hp 2017 with about 20 hours. Moved batteries to the seat compartments set up with three AGMs standard installation for new Yamaha’s one starting battery per engine and one house battery. This 1997 Boat was designed for twins. Love the quiet no smell and broad power curve ...will go real slow and super fast. New steering and controls and gauges . Need to find new base pole fitting for the mast head light pole any help? Great to switch to AFMs and get batteries out if bilge and oil tank gone. Closed off the saltwater feed to port compartment and installed small bait tank over the swim ladder nice installation. I too have puzzled over the port side pocketin cabin . I thought maybe fish rod handles. Please let me know if you find out. Thanks Dennis

JPTL
#8 Print Post
Posted on 08/12/21 - 9:56 AM

Stripminer wrote:
Ladies and Gents, I am new to the forum, thank you for having me. I am also the proud new owner of 2001 23' Conquest with a Merc 250 Optimax on back. I am eager to splash her and get to know her better but have a number of questions about the boat and am having a hard time finding much about this year / model BW.

The boat is in very good shape with a few issues here and there, anyone with any insights or mods to these issues, please feel free to comment. Please forgive my laundry list of questions.

2. The transom door latch is missing the "pin" that keeps the door closed, any workarounds or replacements?
3. My electronics box door can't shut (above the wheel) due to the GPS sitting near the latch, looking for a workaround.
4. The helm cushions seem "flat", the part under your thigh is much taller than the part that holds your derrier, is this normal, any way to balance the cushioning?
5. With the Optimax 250 pushing this boat, what cruising speed / top end should I expect?
6. Why is there so little information online about this boat?

I think that i enough for now, I thank you for your consideration and time.

I'm in the same boat (pun intended) as you were 3 years ago. Many questions and limited resources.
Any chance you still have your Conquest 23?
JP

2000 Conquest 23
A boat that I'll grow in to, not out of.

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 11, 2024 - 1:57 PM
Users Online
Welcome
romblackmon@gmail
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 9
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,075
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,627
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 399
· Sport 15 364

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.17 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,384,110 unique visits