View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
Raw Water Washdown - 2006 235 Conquest
eazyeasty
#1 Print Post
Posted on 02/19/17 - 3:03 PM

Comments: 0

Hi Guys - having problems with my raw water wash down. Just looked up raw water wiring diagram. Do I need to run the live well pump as well as raw water wash down pump? When boat is out of the water all other live well pumps work but not the raw water pump - no noise at all.The seacock valve is open so no water flow problems should be stopping it - we just can't hear any pump running. Hoping this is something simply....any help is appreciated

butchdavis
#2 Print Post
Posted on 02/19/17 - 4:19 PM

It doesn't make sense to me that the live well pump would have to be one for the raw water wash down pump to operate.

First I would check the circuit breaker near the switch to see if it has tripped or the fuse if it has one. If that isn't the problem I would work my way from the switch to the battery and the pump to make sure no conductors are parted or have loose or oxidized connections.

Finally, if your raw water wash down system was not a factory installed option I would physically check to see if it has a dedicated pump. Many owners add raw water wash down systems to their boats that use the live well pump for the wash down. This is accomplished by adding plumbing to the existing live well pump discharge and sometimes a "Y" valve.

Butch

eazyeasty
#3 Print Post
Posted on 02/19/17 - 5:37 PM

Thanks Butch - looks from factory. will check fuses again. as wiring is all hidden + the amount of wiring that comes with the 235 Conquest might be hard for me to diagnose. I'm sure its something simple like user error - really appreciate your help!

butchdavis
#4 Print Post
Posted on 02/21/17 - 6:30 AM

It just occurred to me that there is an easy test of the pump that could save you a lot of troubleshooting effort. Run two conductors directly from the battery terminals to the pump. If it runs the problem lies in the circuit. If not, replace the pump.

Butch

jollyrog305
#5 Print Post
Posted on 02/21/17 - 10:04 AM
Personal Page

I agree with Butch – see if the pump works…The live well and raw water work independent of each other (separate switches), however they share the same seacock. The live well pump is located just above the seacock, the raw water should be located on a bulkhead. If this pump was run without the seacock open, it may have burned out

eazyeasty
#6 Print Post
Posted on 02/21/17 - 3:04 PM

thanks Guys - it would appear there is also a pressure switch on the motor so it will only work when water is detected, therefore activating the pump so will be intresting to see what happens when we by pass.

So in short the raw water pump will suck up through the livewell pump in the hull? never seen that before - that is how mine is set-up anyways.

keep on troubleshooting I guess - appreciate it lads!

butchdavis
#7 Print Post
Posted on 02/22/17 - 6:42 AM

I believe the pressure switch is to shut off the pump when the discharge pressure is high. This allows you to use a spray nozzle on the end of the wash down hose by turning the pump off when the nozzle is closed. Otherwise the battery could be rundown while fishing if you failed to turn the dashboard switch off after washing blood, etc off the deck. The pump test we described should not be affected by the pressure switch if my assumption is correct.

Butch

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
April 26, 2024 - 10:09 AM
Users Online
Welcome
Kukulkan
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 19
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,023
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,626
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 550
· Nauset 16 396
· Sport 15 363

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.15 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,087,052 unique visits