View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
Cigar Anyone?
ritzyrags
#1 Print Post
Posted on 12/19/14 - 11:52 AM
Project Albums

Comments: 36

Well.. How about those Cuban Cigars now?
I am sure that most of you are glued to the set lately and listening to the latest news.
Bama just speaking of this newest development lately has got me thinking of the pros and cons of enjoying boating to and from Cuba.
I am curious to see if the new embargo lifting will be a productive and welcomed opportunity to expand and enjoy our boating and traveling latitudes in this new year resolutions.
Cuban Cigars anyone?

Dont lie
Dont Cheat
And dont give up..

CES
#2 Print Post
Posted on 12/19/14 - 12:05 PM
Personal Page
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Comments: 7

I see future Whaler poker runs to Havana from Key West in the next five years!

My ex-girlfriends brother made it from Big pine key to Havana in a 15' whaler. They had a 50 gallons of fuel with them.....and they had hoped to bring back two refugees. Needless to say, they were caught....spent six months in jail and lost the Whaler.

Cliff
1966 13' Sport with a 1993 40hp Yamaha 2 Smoker

wing15601
#3 Print Post
Posted on 12/19/14 - 9:29 PM

Comments: 0

Always wanted to try a real Cuban Cohiba but all in all I would rather the Presidnt not bow to any more dictators.

I winter in Ft. Myers and summer in St. Joseph, Michigan. It’s now about 12 years since I’ve joined this group. I gave my 1972 whaler to my daughter and sold the 17’. Bought an O’Day 28 sailboat and sailed on Lake Michigan. Yesterday I bought a 2005 130 Sport.

Silentpardner
#4 Print Post
Posted on 12/20/14 - 12:11 PM
Personal Page

Comments: 1

I recently stopped smoking cigars. I was smoking up to 10 good ones a day when I stopped last Mother's Day. I am a nicotine addict, and even though I did not have any medical problems when I stopped. I had been chewing, dipping Copenhagen, or smoking cigars since I was 10 years old playing baseball.

I stopped all of this using the new vapor method, and although I still get my nicotine in this way, I no longer am taking the risk with all the other carcinogens and poisons that go along with the nicotine ingestion conventionally, and the vapor I now exhale does not offend or in any way endanger others. I have regained my sense of smell as well. I personally actually smell better myself, there is no smoke odor hanging around me all the time.

I have smoked a lot of the "illegal" Cuban cigars over the years, including several that were from a box that was distributed to VIP contributors to a recent, (within the last 20 years), presidential candidate's successful bid for the office. The whole Cuban cigar "embargo", in my opinion, was a joke, and I know for certain that Cuban cigars are, and have been, available to anyone with the cash to buy them throughout the entire "embargo". I think it was high-time to end the whole fiasco.

That being said, it is, at least in my vast experience with cigars, impossible to get a truly great cigar from Cuba anymore. When the "embargo" began, the great cigar manufacturers picked up and moved to countries within South America, at least for the most part, and they took all the seed for the best tobaccos and manufacturing knowledge with them when they left. The situation as it exists now is that the very best cigars are not made in Cuba at all, they are from Nicaragua and the Honduras.

If you want a true Cuban cigar flavor, as it existed before the "embargo", try a Comacho, Padron, or even an Alec Bradley Tempus Quadrum, or Prensada. These are the cigars that consistently beat the current cigars produced in Cuba in most all categories cigar smokers consider important to a cigar's quality.

I currently maintain a very large humidor that is full of ALL types of rare and expensive cigars. (over 3000 of them). Since I never intend to actually light or even chew on another one, I have been giving them away to my customers and friends and relatives who still have not seen the "light" regarding the modern, less harmful, way of satisfying our addiction. I would highly recommend that if anyone nicotine-addicted, as I am,wants a Cuban cigar, they should get a vapor Zeus vaporizer, (look and feel of a real cigar), and a vial of Premium WOW Cuban Cigar Nobacco juice to use in a blank Smilomizer cartridge. It is much healthier than any other alternative, and your loved ones will appreciate your effort. :)

Oh, and that picture of me I use for my avatar was from BEFORE I stopped smoking the real thing. The cigar I am smoking there was a Nicaraguan manufactured for me there, and only cost me about $ 1.35 after shipping per 1000 count. :) Those particular cigars were of better quality and flavor than any Cuban I have ever smoked in both quality and feel, as well as flavor. To this day, all the cigar smokers I know continue to ask for these over the true Cubans available now or for the past 20 years.

Edited by Silentpardner on 12/20/14 - 1:09 PM

ritzyrags
#5 Print Post
Posted on 12/21/14 - 8:31 AM
Project Albums

Comments: 36

Pardner Hey..
Great tips on the cigar choices.
Looks like there is one more open port to visit by boat in Cuba.
What would we expect to see beside old cars and older boats when landing on the open port?

Dont lie
Dont Cheat
And dont give up..

Silentpardner
#6 Print Post
Posted on 12/21/14 - 8:54 AM
Personal Page

A lot of very happy local residents :) I am sure they have missed us spending our US dollars there for a LONG time :)

There is a lot of beautiful countryside there as well :)

gchuba
#7 Print Post
Posted on 12/21/14 - 7:02 PM

Comments: 0

To me the lighting of "a Cuban" was a ritual and not the comparison of tastes. Close your eyes and imagine "American Whorehouse" and "French Bordello". The goods might be the same or even better at one than the other. The mystic of the Cuban cigar makes it the sought after, after dinner ritual. Let us hope the "mystic" helps an impoverished country.
Garris

Cape Fear
#8 Print Post
Posted on 12/21/14 - 11:22 PM
Personal Page

Silentpardner wrote:
A lot of very happy local residents :)...

maybe not... http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2014/12/19/castro-to-pocket-92-of-worker-salaries-from-foreign-companies/

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
April 26, 2024 - 11:22 AM
Users Online
Welcome
Kukulkan
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 17
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,023
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,626
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 550
· Nauset 16 396
· Sport 15 363

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.18 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,088,297 unique visits