View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
Smallest model with porta potty?
JoeCDMS300
#1 Print Post
Posted on 07/29/14 - 4:06 AM

Comments: 0

Hi, new to this forum. Hope this is the correct area for this question. Im up in the Boothbay Harbor Maine area and looking for the smallest Whaler model that can handle an enclosed porta potty. Not interested in overnighting, just something for the women on day excursions. Done some preliminary research and so far it looks like the Revenge 22 is the smallest I have found that can accommodate a porta potty. I was looking for something under 20 ft if there such a thing? I see Whalers all over the place up here. Didn't realize there were so many different models over the years. Older models not a problem. Thanks for any help.

tedious
#2 Print Post
Posted on 07/29/14 - 6:38 AM
Personal Page

Comments: 2

Hi Joe, and welcome to WhalerCentral! I spend a lot of time in Boothbay Harbor in the summer - you'll see us in Carom, my sister-in-law's no-name Outrage 18, or a blue Aquasport 21.5 called Alibi.

I'm not an expert on Whalers by any means, particularly the newer ones. The older consoles didn't have room for a head. A neighbor used to have a newer Whaler dual console - it was about 21.5 and had a head - very similar setup to Alibi. I'd guess that 20 - 22 is the lower limit on boats that would have a head.

We don't tend to take very long trips, so don't use the head much, if at all. There are a number of places to "stop and go" around Boothbay Harbor.

Tim

gchuba
#3 Print Post
Posted on 07/29/14 - 7:19 AM

I am an owner of a 1979 22' Revenge. Porta Potty comfort a must for the wife. I believe mid 80's vintage Revenges had my similar cabin arrangement in a 20' boat. Smaller deck space.

Garris

Edited by gchuba on 07/29/14 - 7:20 AM

Weatherly
#4 Print Post
Posted on 07/29/14 - 12:07 PM

Comments: 4

I think the Boston Whaler 16 Menemsha model was the smallest Boston Whaler that came with an optional built-in head, not a porta-potty. Take a look at the Menesha model in the Whaler Models and Specs section, under photo gallery.

Jay Fitz
#5 Print Post
Posted on 07/29/14 - 12:09 PM
Personal Page

There is also a Revenge 20 that has the same size cabin as a 22'...just 2' less on stern from what I understand. The 20's are rare...but I believe there is one currently on Craigslist Boston for sale.

Just visited Boothbay Harbor for the first time back in June...what a great place for boating! Loved it there! My wife got sick of me pointing out all the classic Whalers ;)

Edited by Jay Fitz on 07/29/14 - 12:10 PM

gchuba
#6 Print Post
Posted on 07/29/14 - 12:38 PM

Not all the 20' Revenge's had the same cabin. The "cabin" was low storage compared to the 22' plus series. Get pictures or ask directly from seller which style.

Garris

Joe Kriz
#7 Print Post
Posted on 07/29/14 - 12:43 PM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Comments: 452

JoeCDMS300 wrote:
Hi, new to this forum. Hope this is the correct area for this question. Im up in the Boothbay Harbor Maine area and looking for the smallest Whaler model that can handle an enclosed porta potty. Not interested in overnighting, just something for the women on day excursions. Done some preliminary research and so far it looks like the Revenge 22 is the smallest I have found that can accommodate a porta potty. I was looking for something under 20 ft if there such a thing? I see Whalers all over the place up here. Didn't realize there were so many different models over the years. Older models not a problem. Thanks for any help.

Here are most all the Classic models and some of the newer ones.
http://www.whalercentral.com/userphot...allery.php

Jay Fitz
#8 Print Post
Posted on 07/29/14 - 2:37 PM
Personal Page

gchuba wrote:
Not all the 20' Revenge's had the same cabin. The "cabin" was low storage compared to the 22' plus series. Get pictures or ask directly from seller which style.

Garris

Oh right Garris, my bad...I was specifically talking about the Revenge 20 W/T (walk-through).

JoeCDMS300
#9 Print Post
Posted on 07/29/14 - 3:27 PM

tedious wrote:
Hi Joe, and welcome to WhalerCentral! I spend a lot of time in Boothbay Harbor in the summer - you'll see us in Carom, my sister-in-law's no-name Outrage 18, or a blue Aquasport 21.5 called Alibi.

I'm not an expert on Whalers by any means, particularly the newer ones. The older consoles didn't have room for a head. A neighbor used to have a newer Whaler dual console - it was about 21.5 and had a head - very similar setup to Alibi. I'd guess that 20 - 22 is the lower limit on boats that would have a head.

We don't tend to take very long trips, so don't use the head much, if at all. There are a number of places to "stop and go" around Boothbay Harbor.

Tim

Tim thanks for the reply. How does that Outrage handle the ocean swells. Do you feel comfortable,for example, taking it out to Damriscove I or Ram I? I see a ton of Whalers out on the water so they must be well suited to the nearby waters. Say hi if you see a green hull Cape Dory motor sailor.

MG56
#10 Print Post
Posted on 07/29/14 - 5:05 PM
Personal Page

I doubt you want the smallest Whaler that had a porta potty but I could swear that was an option if you had the forward console seat on an early Montauk. It fit under the seat instead of a cooler.

It's ridiculous but I've seen it, maybe on a larger boat with the same console & forward seat.

Phil T
#11 Print Post
Posted on 07/29/14 - 5:10 PM
Administrator
Personal Page
Personal Album
Project Albums

Comments: 6

Any hull in the classic Outrage series (17-25) would be more than adequate.

I ran an Outrage 17 I in SCA's in Casco Bay and the coast and it was fine.

The longer the LOA , the larger the sea state can be handled.

Jay Fitz
#12 Print Post
Posted on 07/29/14 - 5:19 PM
Personal Page

He did request an "enclosed" location. Not sure a Montauk or Outrage (Cuddy excluded) would be enclosed...unless the ladies find a forward shelter canvas set up to be adequate.

flippa
#13 Print Post
Posted on 07/29/14 - 6:00 PM
Personal Page

I have a 1985 Revenge WT and highly recommend it. Nice sized cabin with a potty. I wanted a similar vintage 22 Outrage Cuddy, but the Revenge is more family friendly. Either boat is great! These hulls are easy to trailer, launch and handle by yourself; I launch mine solo all the time. Absolutely great hulls in the rough stuff.

I want to upgrade to a 25 next. There is a 1985 Revenge 25 on Boston Craigslist with newer power for a nice price. I haven't seen it in person, but it looks like a sweet boat.

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/boa/4591903327.html

There is also a 1987 Outrage Cuddy listed as well. Older power but reasonable price if it's in good condition.

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/boa/4590920492.html

I have no association with either boat, so have no idea of condition. I have been lusting over that 25 Revenge for some time, but I like to trailer, so the 22 better suits my needs for now I guess. It might be worth your while to go check out these boats to get a feel what you are looking for.

Edited by flippa on 07/29/14 - 6:06 PM

flippa
#14 Print Post
Posted on 07/29/14 - 6:32 PM
Personal Page

There are actually a few Revenges for sale in the area; a 20, 22 & 25, all WT's on Boston Craigslist right now and two older ones in CT as well. The older 22's don't have the WT "walk thru" windshields, so it's not as easy to access the bow.

Edited by flippa on 07/29/14 - 6:34 PM

gchuba
#15 Print Post
Posted on 07/29/14 - 6:42 PM

Joe. I believe the full cuddy cabins for Whalers started in the 1979 Revenge (my hull). They slapped a full cabin on an Outrage hull and changed the configurations of the cabin until the late 80's. In fact, mine was on of the first in line because the cabin blocks access to the fuel tank deck cover. They remedied this issue in later models.

If you are interested in the ride of Outrages of this era. The Revenge is an Outrage with more bow weight and protection from the elements. You can get fabric that makes them fully enclosed. I came in with a gale warning that snuck up a couple hours early (the salmon were running and could not resist a quick fish) and the ride was comfortable. Just battered home at 10/12 knots.

Garris

tedious
#16 Print Post
Posted on 07/30/14 - 8:16 AM
Personal Page

JoeCDMS300 wrote:
Tim thanks for the reply. How does that Outrage handle the ocean swells. Do you feel comfortable,for example, taking it out to Damriscove I or Ram I? I see a ton of Whalers out on the water so they must be well suited to the nearby waters. Say hi if you see a green hull Cape Dory motor sailor.

Joe, the Outrage handles the rough stuff pretty well - in many ways it's a better ride than the larger Aquasport, which is a moderate-V hull. As I am sure you're aware, it's all about picking your days in that area - I don't want to be off any of the exposed points such as Pemaquid or Cape Small in a small runabout on a rough day. But with the right conditions, I'll even take the 15 around Southport and up the Sheepscot, or around Ocean Point and up the Damariscotta. The 18 is fine for going to Damariscove, although again I wouldn't want to go on a bad day.

One great thing about that area is that you can go pretty far without getting exposed - go through Townsend Gut, across the Sheepscot, and up the Sasanoa to Bath or even almost to Augusta if you like.

See you on the water!

Tim

NavG8r
#17 Print Post
Posted on 07/31/14 - 10:23 AM

The new 210 Montauk has (can be ordered with) an enclosed head in the center console. From the website, looks like you can also get a means to pump out from deck level.

BigWylie
#18 Print Post
Posted on 08/01/21 - 9:51 AM

Comments: 1

Hello, Glad to hear you are looking for a whaler. We too also have 3 ladies in our regular boating crew and it was a must have feature in the new choices of our Whaler. with 90+ gallon gas tanks, you can easily spend long days on the water. 2000-2008 VENTURA 21' (21-210) models should all have an enclosed space for a Head. 1998-1999 20' Ventura models DO NOT have a Cabin-but the boat is considerably lighter for towing. The head is Not exactly intended for anyone bigger than 6' though and quite a tight fit. This is the most pleasant of the smaller Whaler configuration, without a full enclosed Cuddy (Revenge/Conquest).

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 11, 2024 - 4:10 PM
Users Online
Welcome
JLJ1958
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 8
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,076
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,627
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 399
· Sport 15 364

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.20 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,385,231 unique visits