View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
Whaler 27
oldcobia
#1 Print Post
Posted on 05/21/14 - 4:29 AM

Comments: 0

A question about the aft drain plug in a Whaler 27. Anyone with this boat knows it's about 6 ft below the access and the only way to get to it is to have your wife or friend hold you by your ankles upside down. One friday afternoon my wife was holding me and one of her friends called. She did not remember me until supper Sunday night. That is the real definition of a long weekend. Any input would be appreciated. And don't tell me to get another wife. Thanks

duf
#2 Print Post
Posted on 05/21/14 - 1:48 PM
Personal Page
Photo Albums

Comments: 9

Wow, I'm not going to ask you when she let you loose, and won't get into keeping her either. Silent Partner has a 27, and he hasn't mentioned this as an issue. Maybe he'll chime in. Course, I haven't heard from him in a while either........

Duf

gchuba
#3 Print Post
Posted on 05/21/14 - 7:54 PM

Comments: 0

Well...did you fix the plug????

Garris

Duf, how was the surgery? Hope all is well. G

Silentpardner
#4 Print Post
Posted on 05/22/14 - 5:20 PM
Personal Page

Comments: 1

Sorry, been working HARD this month, haven't been able to visit here that much. Doing great!

That drain plug is a real "booger" for sure! It screws in though, and there is a bilge pump down there along side it, so fortunately, you really don't have to pull the plug and reinstall it very often. If I ever find a need to pull it regularly, I think I will make a T-handle wrench to extend down in there and fit over it. That plug is basically a pipe-plug with a square nut, certainly not like a usual boat plug!

OK...now hide your computer screen from your wife ...

The secret to that bilge plug installation is to "inadvertently" and purely "accidentally" knock your wife's cellphone into that bilge...then, call it. When it rings and she dives in to get it, hang up just as she answers. When she stops, or at least slows down, cussing.. casually comment "hey, sorry your call dropped honey, but since your down there anyway..." :) Hey, it beats getting stuck there for the weekend yourself ! :)

Oh, and I am really a wuss, I actually HIRED a guy to replace the bilge pump down there and install that plug with Teflon tape! Best money I ever spent :)

Edited by Silentpardner on 05/22/14 - 5:23 PM

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
April 26, 2024 - 1:23 AM
Users Online
Welcome
Kukulkan
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 22
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,023
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,626
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 550
· Nauset 16 396
· Sport 15 363

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.14 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,076,530 unique visits