View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
General Comment on Personal Pages/Project Albums
Gmondun
#1 Print Post
Posted on 05/15/13 - 10:47 AM
Personal Page

Comments: 2

Joe,

I just wanted to mention that I was enjoying looking at Phil T's project album recently of his Outrage deck removal and re-wire. It's something I dream of doing at some point. I went to look at it again recently and it appears it was moved to a Gmail photo album.

Are project albums/personal pages being phased out? I know you were considering it recently. My only complaint based on this one isolated experience is that I can't follow along with his comments on the new Gmail album and there isn't much much organization with the photo album.

Just thought I would share my experience in case it helps. Maybe there should be a recommended 3rd party photo site?

Gordon

Phil T
#2 Print Post
Posted on 05/15/13 - 11:27 AM
Administrator
Personal Page
Personal Album
Project Albums

Comments: 6

Gordon

The project albums/personal pages are still here. Select members project albums or Personal pages on the left sidebar. These are hosted by WhalerCentral. No changes are planned as far as I know.

In addition to my project albums, i have a personal page and a link to my Picasa (now Google) albums.

Joe Kriz
#3 Print Post
Posted on 05/15/13 - 11:37 AM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Comments: 452

Hi Gordon,

No, we haven't changed any of the pages.
We were thinking of replacing the personal pages with something that might have been easier for many people to use and easier for the Admins to administer.
Unfortunately at the time I asked "Should We Keep Personal Pages". Some people thought we were just going to delete them and they got irritated.
http://www.whalercentral.com/forum/vi...d_id=16977
We were never going to delete them, only replace them with something slightly easier to use like the Personal Album section we were trying out.

We came up with a slightly different angle and now everyone has to read the instructions before they create a personal page. Also, the page needs to be approved before going Online.

Phil's personal page looks the same to me.
http://www.whalercentral.com/infusion...user_id=20

And his Project Album also looks the same.
http://www.whalercentral.com/userphot...owstart=20
To view comments in the project album, you would need to go to each photo in his album or go to the "Latest Comments" link on the left sidebar to view All the comments for everyone's pages and view the name at the bottom to see who the comment is for.

Hope this helps and let us know if you have any further questions or suggestions.

Gmondun
#4 Print Post
Posted on 05/15/13 - 1:50 PM
Personal Page

Comments: 2

Ah I see. Thanks.

Phil I love how organized your wiring is. I am jealous.

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 18, 2024 - 1:33 AM
Users Online
Welcome
fdb
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 10
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,101
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,628
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 399
· Sport 15 364

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.26 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,500,125 unique visits