View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
Dumb Mistake :(
Prflyer
#1 Print Post
Posted on 09/18/05 - 8:32 PM
Personal Page

Comments: 2

Well I made a Dumb mistake that has me in tears. After using the Whaler in its marina for the first weekend, it was time to bring it home. I delivered the Mako to the Marina for my cousin where it will be dry stacked. I brought the Whaler home in the Mako trailer since my cousin did not need a trailer, he told me to keep it. Well since the trailer was not in good shape I thought I will rent a Flatbed truck and deliver the Mako and bring the Whaler in a safer matter. ALthough the Whaler seem small for the trailer, it fit allright for the trip until I modified it. During the trip the Whaler move a bit but no worries, got home put in the garage and spent two day cleaning and waxing the 15. The Whaler was off the center but I did not check well enough and two weeks later (today) I said lets work on the trailer, when I went under the Trailer my Heart sunk, the Whaler was resting almost all of its weight on the corner of one of the roller towards the Transom and was digging into the Bottom, I quickly lifted the Hull off the trailer to get a look, and there it was Sad the Hull was push inwards about 1/2 and inch and had a small crack where the corner of the roller (very old hard rollers) had dug in. Needless to say I was so sad, the bottom needed work but it was more of cleaning and waxing, no repairs needed. now I need to fix this dent and crack! well thanks for letting me vent my anger/sadness. will do a search on repairs and do that quickly. We had drawn up all the new things we were going to do to it, we want to make it look (upholstery and sun pad) like the Medline ribs. And when I called my wife over to see the damage, all she said was "well you like working on boats so there you go, more work" gave me a kiss and walk away. Is this a good wife or not? jejej will post pics of the damage.
Thanks
Dan

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 9, 2024 - 4:46 AM
Users Online
Welcome
Fman594
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 6
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,064
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,627
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 399
· Sport 15 363

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.13 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,334,564 unique visits