View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
comprehensive insurance for 1983 Outrage
flylally
#1 Print Post
Posted on 03/25/12 - 5:54 PM

Comments: 0

I have a 25' 1983 Outrage with twin 175 Evinrudes 2006 model. I have always kept boat inside locked up, now I need to get insurance does anyone have info for comprehensive coverage for Florida, Panama City area This Whaler is really pristine, I bought it new in 1983!

Silentpardner
#2 Print Post
Posted on 03/25/12 - 7:57 PM
Personal Page

Comments: 1

I got my insurance through the same company I use for my auto insurance, just gave them a call before I picked my boat up when I bought it. You need to have the boat HIN handy, Progressive didn't care what the motor ID # was. I had to tell them the value I wanted the boat insured for, whether or not I wanted the contents of the boat insured, the trailer VIN and place a value on it also. This valuation is aparently necessary because the boat is over a set number of years old, and is no longer listed in their books.

Also, you pick how much liability coverage you want to carry. Be careful to carry at least the required amount for your state.

They added the boat/motor/trailer coverage to my policy immediately and I sent them a check...that was all there was to it!

Hope this helps, main thing you need to do is call your current insurance agent and discuss this with them, I am sure no matter which company you are using the process will be smooth.

gusgus
#3 Print Post
Posted on 03/26/12 - 2:43 AM
Personal Page

Comments: 3

Progressive was the absolutely the worst experience I have ever had with Insurance. A dog ran out in front of me on my motorcycle. I hit it real hard. the dog lived but was permanently damaged, busted back and lots of physical troubles. My bike sustained some damage, and I rode it home. The damage was mostly plastic. I was at the time a motorcycle mechanic. (certified). I found all the parts for around 1/4 of the price new since the bike was a collector bike. Progressive wanted to total it. Even though the repairs would cost them 1/4 the value of the totaled bike. I refused to let them. It was an 8 month fight where the entire summer passed and they threatened me that if I rode it they would cancel all of my insurance. (boat, auto and motorbike) I learned to hate the company since they wouldn't listen to the only motorcycle shop in the area that told them I was more qualified than they were to repair it. I finally did win and they did cancel all of my insurance the same day they sent me the 1000 dollar check. I am now with Allstate and they have been fantastic, through 2 kids and accidents included. Not one issue.

1987 Outrage 18 W/150 Merc and 8 Honda

Silentpardner
#4 Print Post
Posted on 03/26/12 - 8:08 AM
Personal Page

Comments: 1

Allstate is a great company, I was with them for 23 years myself...I had a bad experience with them though and switched to Progressive after they required me to go to court and fight a claim made against me by another Allstate customer that was studyng for an exam while driving down Fairmont to school and rear ended me!

I guess all insurance companies have their quirks, I really don't like any of 'em! Smile But hey, you gotta have the insurance, what can you do?

I really didn't intend to recommend any particular company, I was just sayin' I think anyone will be better off as far as cost and ease of getting a boat insured if they stay with whichever of the rat bastard companies they are currently holding their other policies with Smile

Have a great day man!

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 18, 2024 - 12:34 PM
Users Online
Welcome
rhall228
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 5
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,102
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,628
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 399
· Sport 15 364

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.15 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,506,947 unique visits