View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
What happened to my thread (LA rendezvous-Lower Alabama)?
mojack
#1 Print Post
Posted on 12/17/11 - 6:34 PM

Comments: 0

This thread seems to have disappeared. Joe Kriz, do you know where it went? I checked in the Rendezvous section but it wasn't there either. Seems to get more hits in the Gulf Coast Section. Please advise.
Thanks!
D

Joe Kriz
#2 Print Post
Posted on 12/17/11 - 9:54 PM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Comments: 452

Some Rendezvous posts that were 2 years old were removed from the Rendezvous section if there was never a rendezvous date.

If you want to start a Rendezvous thread for 2012, just set one up.
Or, if you just have a question about wanting to start a rendezvous, but don't have one setup, just ask that type of question in the Regionals Discussion Area that fits your area.

Usually a planned Rendezvous has dates set and are posted.
As it stands now I don't see any Rendezvous setup in the Rendezvous section.

mojack
#3 Print Post
Posted on 12/18/11 - 5:36 AM

Hey Joe,
We did come up with a date April 14, 2012 (The Saturday after Easter). Is there a way it could be put back so the folks that are tracking it can stay informed?
Thanks!
D

Joe Kriz
#4 Print Post
Posted on 12/18/11 - 11:20 AM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Unfortunately not...

We had another small glitch last night so I am not positive about your thread. If it wasn't old, then something else happened to it...

Go ahead and start a new rendezvous, put the start and end date in the section provided. Also put the location..
This will put a Red pin on the map to alert everyone there is an upcoming rendezvous.

As of now, there are no red pins on the map and no upcoming rendezvous for 2012..

butchdavis
#5 Print Post
Posted on 12/18/11 - 2:45 PM

Mojack,

Bummer, but these things happen. As Joe suggests, please start a new thread in the rendezvous forum.

I hate it that we lost your Google map with directions and the names of the guys signing up.

Butch

Joe Kriz
#6 Print Post
Posted on 12/18/11 - 3:07 PM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Discussions on this forum need to be kept on this forum.
Directing members here to other websites for these types of things are confusing and not necessary.

All correspondence for a rendezvous should be available here for the members that want to participate.

I would also like to clear up a few other items.
If a member wants to setup a rendezvous but doesn't know the time or dates, it is best to put that question in the Regional discussion area.
Example:
Anyone want to have a Rendezvous in "This" area on these dates?
Once you get a few people interested and you have a date and time set, then start a Rendezvous thread.

Otherwise, the rendezvous section would have too many questions that look like this.....
Rendezvous at Joe's house.... We don't know when or where as Joe moves around.....
No date set or location set and we don't know who is coming....

Once you have a date set, then it would be time to start a Rendezvous thread.
The date can be changed later if needed but at minimum, you would know there is going to be a rendezvous....
A red pin would automatically be shown on the map in the location of the rendezvous. Without the date and location, the pin will not show up.

Give it a try now that you have the date and location set....

Edited by Joe Kriz on 12/18/11 - 3:30 PM

mojack
#7 Print Post
Posted on 12/26/11 - 4:13 PM

Hey Guys and Girls, go down to the "Rendezvous Central" folder for more information!

http://www.whalercentral.com/forum/vi...orum_id=39

Edited by Joe Kriz on 12/26/11 - 4:58 PM

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 18, 2024 - 1:11 PM
Users Online
Welcome
rhall228
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 8
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,102
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,628
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 399
· Sport 15 364

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.18 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,507,299 unique visits