View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
Photos will not upload
Labrat3
#1 Print Post
Posted on 10/23/11 - 5:45 PM

Comments: 1

Hello:
I am new to the site and am trying to create a personal page with photos of the 13 foot sport I am going to restore. I have read all of the instructions and have sized my photos to the specified size, have them on my compuer, not an external site and still they WILL NOT upload into my Persoanl page.
I use a Macintosh computer. Is that the issue or is there something else I am overlooking? Please send me any comments on what I may be doing wrong.
Thank you !

Sal in Florida 1971 Sport 13 Whaler

JohnnyCW
#2 Print Post
Posted on 10/23/11 - 6:12 PM

Comments: 0

Make sure there are no spaces in the file names.

Labrat3
#3 Print Post
Posted on 10/23/11 - 6:41 PM

Thanks for your Email. Tried that but still no go. I keep getting a "File format not accepted" code. What is that?

Joe Kriz
#4 Print Post
Posted on 10/23/11 - 6:46 PM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Comments: 452

You are using a top of the line computer and the same that many of us here use.

Here is the FAQ on personal pages. You might have missed something in the size of 125kb and 640x480 etc....
http://www.whalercentral.com/faq.php?...p?cat_id=1

Also, we cannot use characters in the naming of the photos like quote marks " ", parenthesis ( ), apostrophe ' , etc.....

Example of a name of a photo:
whaler22.jpg
whaler22'.jpg will not work

Like Johnny mentions, also no spaces in the names....

Labrat3
#5 Print Post
Posted on 10/23/11 - 7:33 PM

Me again:
I again resized my photos so they are about 49, well below the 112 allowed but I keep getting "File format not allowed". I have no spaces, lower case jpg after each photo name, etc.
Am I that stupid? I upload photos all the time in many other sites so I'm not doing this for t6he first time but it simply will not work ! Any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Sal in Florida

Joe Kriz
#6 Print Post
Posted on 10/23/11 - 8:56 PM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Sal,

I checked your files in your personal page upload and all the photos uploaded just fine.
I added some to your personal page for you to get you started.

Edited by Joe Kriz on 10/23/11 - 9:13 PM

Labrat3
#7 Print Post
Posted on 10/26/11 - 7:42 PM

Thank you Joe.

I was able to post the rest of my photos to my personal page today after your help so I guess I'm starting to get the hang of this !
I will start stripping the boat bare this week and would like to post those photos. Do I just add them to my personal pages, although I think I will surpass the photo limit set on the site, or do I request a "Project Album" so I can post photos as I move the project along?
Please let me know what's the best way to go.
Thanks again.
Regards,
Sal

holmeswake
#8 Print Post
Posted on 02/17/12 - 12:45 PM
Personal Page

Comments: 0

Will it ever be possible to embed images from external sites like photobucket or other image sites? I think it would make the forums more helpful. I'm a visual person.... Just checking, it would be great to see.

Joe Kriz
#9 Print Post
Posted on 02/17/12 - 1:07 PM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Unforutnately not.

Too many people abused this whether knowingly or unknowingly..
We are not blaming anyone.....

Plus, depending on the amount of photos, the page may take too long to load for some people including mobile devices...

A link to a photo works just as well. IF a member really want to see the photo, they can click on the link.. This way they aren't FORCED to see something they might not be interested in seeing and having to wait for the photo to load every time they open up that same discussion.....

Best 2 choices:
1. Create a personal page here on WhalerCentral
2. Put a link to your page you have created somewhere else like photobucket...

For those people with albums somewhere else on the Internet, they most likely have no use for a personal page here. We have that option for people that don't use photobucket, picasa, or any of the other free hosting services with all kinds of unwanted advertisements.....

Hope this helps clarify why we do not allow embedded photos in the discussion areas any longer.......

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 17, 2024 - 11:40 PM
Users Online
Welcome
fdb
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 7
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,101
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,628
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 399
· Sport 15 364

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.16 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,498,991 unique visits