View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
When does a boat become a custom model?
Joe Kriz
#41 Print Post
Posted on 10/01/14 - 5:00 PM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Comments: 452

Reel Easy wrote:
Joe K: Great question about the numeraled models of the Outrage 21. Please share the answer. In addition, it appears that BW was building two different hulls during the latter years of the original Outrage 21 run. It could be that people misidentify the actual year of their Outrage.

Reel Easy,
There is a member above that posted about changing the seat in a Montauk and how it wouldn't change the model.
Well, it's a good thing he didn't say that was a fact for all models.

There are 2 models I know of that change their designation if the Pilot Seat is changed with original seats.
1. Cohasset 16'
A. Cohasset I has a single captains chair
B. Cohasset II has the Reversible Pilots Seat
http://www.whalercentral.com/userphot...lbum_id=31

2. Outrage 21' (early banana hulls)
A. Outrage I has the 2 Place Pilot Seat/cooler
B. Outrage II has the Reversible Pilot Seat
C. Outrage III has No Pilot Seat (plus the console is different)
http://www.whalercentral.com/userphot...lbum_id=11

Everyone,
The experts here and many other members, know exactly what model they are looking at.
It is not subjective nor do we need to guess.
If anyone does not know what model they have, just ask.
We will let you know what model you have now. Whether it is Custom or a model made by Boston Whaler.

Some members in the past get upset if they find out they have a different model then what they think they had.
In fact, they leave and never come back.
One member honestly believed he owned a Fenwick Edition Outrage.
However, he did not and was not happy at all with us once he found out, so he left.
I guess they prefer to live in a fantasy world. Not here.

I even had some members asking me to let him believe he owned a Fenwick Edition. (That is not going to happen on my watch)
When I told those members that wasn't going to happen (pretending to have something they didn't) they also chose not to come back.
Hey, that is NOT my problem.
I would think everyone would want to know what model they were in possession of. Not some fantasy model?

Here at WhalerCentral we believe in reality and what model you have is what model we see according to the facts published by Boston Whaler in all their catalogs and price lists. Regardless of what it was when it left the factory. It is what it is now. Not what it was.

Any other thinkers on what model they actually have?
1969 Montauk = NO SUCH THING
and the list goes on.

Edited by Joe Kriz on 10/01/14 - 5:01 PM

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
April 25, 2024 - 8:07 PM
Users Online
Welcome
Kukulkan
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 25
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,023
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,626
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 550
· Nauset 16 396
· Sport 15 363

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.16 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,069,481 unique visits