View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
hull id?
whitey
#1 Print Post
Posted on 03/20/11 - 8:52 AM
Personal Page

Comments: 0

I put some pics of my '65 16' Nauset(?) on my personal page. Included are pics of the bow locker and transom (This Stencil number was located on the inside of the transom and/or inside the bow locker). I don't see a stencil number anywhere. Could this have been painted over? Some of the other pics show details that to me look like parts of a Sakonnet, Eastport, and Nauset. The stern seat (not shown) is a simple plank with no backrest.
Any thoughts on the true identity of this beast?

Whitey

zappaddles
#2 Print Post
Posted on 03/20/11 - 10:13 AM

Comments: 2

The console appears to be that of a Sakonnet. That being said there are nuance of features that can vary which model a particular boat is.
One of the areas a stencil number would have originally been is on the forward facing surface inside the bow locker. You can try using some sandpaper (180 or 150 grit) in this un-obtrusive area to see if the original number can be exposed. They were laid on pretty thick and are difficult to completly erase. Happy hunting.
Zap

If you can't play hurt....stay home.

Joe Kriz
#3 Print Post
Posted on 03/20/11 - 12:19 PM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Comments: 452

whitey,

At this time it is hard to say what model it was.
All the consoles were basically the same.

A true Sakonnet has the Forward Platform and Reversible Pilot Seat.
A true Eastport has the Stern Seat.
A Nauset could have the optional Reversible Pilot Seat as seen on your boat.

The inside of your boat appears to have been painted white on the sides and inside transom yet they left the floor blue.
What color is the inside of the bow locker. If it is original then your Stencil number is under the white paint on the transom.

Without knowing any further information, we would have to conclude that this is a Nauset with the optional RPS...

whitey
#4 Print Post
Posted on 03/21/11 - 1:25 PM
Personal Page

Comments: 0

Thanks Joe,

I just realized that all the photos I uploaded were not inserted to my page - they should be there now.
I think it looks like the interior color was white and the floor was painted blue since when I removed the RPS there was a white area amongst the blue ( you can see this in the pics). Have I got this wrong?

Whitey

Joe Kriz
#5 Print Post
Posted on 03/21/11 - 1:45 PM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Comments: 452

The interior color was blue up to 1972.... 1973 and later they changed to Desert Tan... (slight variations possible)

It appears that yours may have been painted more than once or, it is a different year than you think.

How do you know what year this is if you can't find any numbers?
Do you have the original paper work of purchase?

Edited by Joe Kriz on 03/21/11 - 1:48 PM

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 3, 2024 - 4:01 AM
Users Online
Welcome
3dhomer
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 7
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,044
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,626
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 398
· Sport 15 363

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.15 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,234,764 unique visits