View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
Value of an older BW
Northern Exposure
#1 Print Post
Posted on 09/08/10 - 4:27 PM
Personal Page

Comments: 1

I need to give the insurance company something to document value of the 1985 Montauk/85 Johnson 90hp/ 98 Northwood roller trailer that I recently got.
I googled for used boat values and got a lot of junk hits. There is NADA - but their values seem out of whack. I plugged in all my stuff and it came up with an average retail of $1785 for the boat, $160 for the motor!!! and $435 for the trailer. The trailer is the only one that might be close but the boat and motor seem way low.
Does anyone know a source for used boat prices? I could try and print some ebay ads and such but don't know if the insurance people will accept that.

CES
#2 Print Post
Posted on 09/08/10 - 4:54 PM
Personal Page
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Comments: 7

PM Jeff, his screen name, or Kamie as they know of insurance companies that will insure you for the replacement value.

Cliff
1966 13' Sport with a 1993 40hp Yamaha 2 Smoker

Jeff
#3 Print Post
Posted on 09/08/10 - 5:02 PM

Comments: 34

Northern,

If you want the best care for your classic Whaler insurance needs I highly recommend talking my agent with The Rockwood Company out of Chicago. I myself am in Michigan but, they write policies in all 50 states and all of my classic Whalers have been insured with them under Safeco for full agreed upon values.

I trust them because the Owner is long time member here and on CW. He is "one" of the most knowledge people on Whalers I know of which, shines through in his fleet. Also, he along with his son truly care for these boats and the clients they represent. After hearing stories of people having to go to court to get their agreed upon value settlement out of their insurance company after a loss, I personally wanted an agent who will know how to convey the true market value of my vessel should there ever be any doubt.

My coverage includes repair or placement of my hull, motor, trailer, all secured as well as unsecured gear and personal effects for a full agreed upon value. It also includes a rider for emergency assistance. A very large bodily injury, property damage fuel spill and wreck removal rider. Waterskier medical, and a solid uninsured / underinsured watercraft. Which totals out to $183 per year. Not to bad at all.

Honestly, do not forget about all the other things you may need to cover yourself from when in comes to insurance. Replacing your hull my be the cheapest fix post accident.

Send me an email to this address [mail]jrohlfing@gmail.com[/mail], or PM me and I will gladly share my insurance agent's contact info.

Edited by Jeff on 09/08/10 - 5:02 PM
1993 23' Walkaround Whaler Drive

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 8, 2024 - 5:09 PM
Users Online
Welcome
chentintsai
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 12
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,061
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,627
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 399
· Sport 15 363

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.15 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,325,795 unique visits