View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
New Wooden Under Gun'l Rod Holders
Joe Bauer
#1 Print Post
Posted on 07/29/10 - 10:30 AM

Comments: 0

Folks - I just received my new set of rod holders from Mike Stennett at Nautical Lumber. To say that I was impressed is an understatement. My 1987 Outrage 22 was missing the original marine mahogany plywood rod holders that mount under the cover boards along each side of the boat. I wanted to replace them with high quality replacements, but did not know where to find such a set. Once again, Sue at Twin Cities Marine saved the day along with Whaler Central vendors. I contacted Mike about a set to which he replied, "sure, I've got them, what size do you need?" With Mike's help and some measuring on my boat, I placed the order. Mike said it would take about 2 weeks to get the order to me given other large projects he was working on at that time. True to promise, the set (4 pieces with the side brackets attached) arrived today. I expected to see a nice finish on the wood,but what I saw was a finish that looked like glass! Absolutely beautiful in all respects - obviously sprayed in a booth with no dust.
This may seem like a lot of raving about some relatively small parts, but the quality is just that good. So, if anyone is looking for various wooden parts for a restoration project or just an upgrade for their Whaler, feel comfortable about contacting and using Mike at Nautical Lumber. Great service, fair priicing, high quality products, and a genuinely nice person with whom to work. Can't beat that scenario.
Regards to all,
Joe Bauer

Scott Neely
#2 Print Post
Posted on 07/31/10 - 6:58 AM

Sounds great !! do you have any pictures of them? I would love to see them. if you could send them to patscottneely@yahoo.com. happy fishing.

Joe Bauer
#3 Print Post
Posted on 07/31/10 - 5:52 PM

Hello Scott -
I will take some photgraphs of the rod holders for you and send them to the address you provided for me. I think you will impressed; I know I certainly was.
Regards,
Joe Bauer

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 15, 2024 - 5:15 PM
Users Online
Welcome
gdean
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 19
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,090
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,628
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 399
· Sport 15 364

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.13 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,448,241 unique visits