View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
where to buy a new plug for a 71 Sakonnet
WhaleRider
#1 Print Post
Posted on 07/29/10 - 10:27 AM

Comments: 0

Hi whoever is reading this. I just joined minutes ago, and I need help locating a website, dealer, or perhaps a Whaler afficionado to purchase a replacement rubber/ brass plug for the worn out one in my 17 foot Sakonnet. My boat is taking on water and ruining the mahogheny transom. The plug is now so worn and loose that 2 days ago, it started coming out on its own!!! Help!
I've been searching online to find someplace to buy parts with no luck so far. If that part is no longer available to purchase, does anyone know a clever way to devise something that would work?? Or, perhaps know a clever person willing to help devise something? I am pretty creative; but so far haven't come up with an effective solution. I live in Minnesota on Lake Minnetonka. We get a lot of summer rain in Minnesota. After it rains. I take the boat out, get it up to speed, pull the plug so the water drains out.

The plug fits into a round hole housed in a rectangular shaped "indentation" in the floor in the back of the boat. The gas line and other tubes encasing electrical wiring I think, run from there beneath the floor along the hull, and come up under the transom to the battery and gas cans etc.. Sorry I don't know the right terminology. I only have one plug, (though I notice there is another hole it fits into outside the hull in back). Any tips?

ioptfm
#2 Print Post
Posted on 07/29/10 - 12:46 PM
Personal Page

Comments: 3

You should be able to find a "Drain Plug" almost anywere........West Marine, any mairne store or boat sales, Walmart, Kmart almost anywhere has them and they are pretty universal

Tom
1979 Sport 15'

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 14, 2024 - 6:16 PM
Users Online
Welcome
bheemstra
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 15
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,087
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,627
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 399
· Sport 15 364

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.15 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,431,023 unique visits