View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
1975 17' Montauk Interior
rjp1983
#1 Print Post
Posted on 07/10/10 - 7:38 PM

Comments: 0

I am looking at purchasing a 75 17' montauk in the next week. The boat is about an hr and a half from my town. From the pictures I can only see the rear of the CC and the side views. I cannot however see the front of the boat. Can someone either post a pic of the front area of a montauk or even describe what it looks like? Is there a seat directly in front of it and a storage compartment in the bow similar to the 80's supersports?

todd12
#2 Print Post
Posted on 07/10/10 - 7:59 PM
Personal Page

Comments: 0

Check the photo gallery on the left, select personal pages, scroll down to 17'

Todd

Todd

Joe Kriz
#3 Print Post
Posted on 07/10/10 - 9:19 PM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Comments: 452

There is no need for anyone to post any photos as there are already hundreds of photos of all years the Montauks were ever made and are located on our site.

As todd12, mentions, spend some time looking at this site.
1. Personal Pages
2. Whaler Models

Links are on the left sidebar.

The Standard configuration of the Montauk included a Fiberglass Console and a Reversible Pilot Seat with Teak back.

Edited by Joe Kriz on 07/11/10 - 1:29 AM

Gamalot
#4 Print Post
Posted on 07/11/10 - 7:08 AM
Personal Page

Comments: 3

The 1975 Montauk should be just about the same as my 1974 Montauk depending upon options that may have been available and purchased.

I have the fishing platform option while a standard Montauk may have a cooler in front of the CC that doubles as a seat with a cushion on top of it. The CC should be a winged style that has flares at the bottom and is attached to the deck with strips of Teak between the deck and the wings. The RPS seat will be a reversible type to sit looking forward or aft.

Mine is not yet pretty enough to even attempt posting pics here from my very slow connection but if you drop me an email I will gladly send pics directly to you. Photos take up bandwidth and storage space on the forum and redundant photos are unnecessary when there are so many of us willing to help. Joe provides us with this free site and prefers not to allow photos from outside image hosts such as photobucket but as you learn to navigate in here you can find just about anything you want. On the plus side, not having to download hundreds of photos in every thread makes my time spent here much easier.

Gary

Joe Kriz
#5 Print Post
Posted on 07/11/10 - 1:30 PM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Comments: 452

Gamalot wrote:
On the plus side, not having to download hundreds of photos in every thread makes my time spent here much easier.
Gary

That's exactly correct.
There are still many people on dial-up.

Another huge concern is free outside photo hosting services.
How do we know they are going to be here tomorrow as many have already closed their doors?

How would you all like it if all the photos on WhalerCentral were hosted with the now defunct Yahoo or AOL photo service.
You wouldn't have any photos to view here on WhalerCentral as all the photos would not be viewable. And that would go for the personal page section also.. NO photos... Gee... Surprise...

Same goes with PhotoBucket, ImageShack, etc....
You cannot guarantee us that the photos will be here tomorrow... You have no control over any outside hosting service. This doesn't help WhalerCentral now or in the future.
This is why all photos should be uploaded to your personal page if you have something to share.
We are not interested in any photos from outside sources unless you just put ONE link to your album somewhere on the Internet.
This way only the one link may go dead instead of hundreds of photos.
Here's an example of things that people do and what can happen on outside photo hosting services.
http://www.whalercentral.com/forum/vi...post_15779
How would you like to see every photo on WhalerCentral look like that.....?????

Not while I am still breathing.......

Now, back to the Montauk...
All Montauks from 1973 to present come Standard with a Fiberglass Console and a Reversible Pilot Seat for an Interior...
That's it..... Nothing more, Nothing less....

There are options for front cooler seat, leaning post instead of RPS, rod holders, front casting platform (earlier models), stern seat, and other fishing or cushion packages depending on the year of the Montauk. Other options are also available... etc... etc....

Bottom Line...
A Montauk came standard with a Factory Fiberglass Console and a Factory Reversible Pilot Seat....
These parts can be seen in the "Part Photos" or "Articles" links on the left sidebar.
NOTE: The consoles and RPS may vary slightly for different years.
That is why we have the articles and photos to show the different years.

Also see the Montauk owners list is the articles section.
Lots of great info there.
http://www.whalercentral.com/articles...icle_id=17
All it takes is a little looking around.

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 3, 2024 - 12:21 AM
Users Online
Welcome
3dhomer
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 7
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,044
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,626
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 398
· Sport 15 363

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.14 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,230,840 unique visits