View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
Posting pics.?????
jamiehd
#1 Print Post
Posted on 06/01/10 - 9:10 PM

Comments: 0

Is there a step by step method to posting pictures I could get? I tried to resize my photos and can't seem to get the site to accept them. Can I change settings on my camera or should it be done on a program I need to download. I really want to share some shots of the boat with the site and am really frustrated I can't do it. I'm sure this has been asked a million times but I looked for previous threads and couldn't find anything. Thanks Jamie

Race
#2 Print Post
Posted on 06/01/10 - 9:47 PM

I can relate. I've tryed to reset my camera also. I can't get anything to post. But I did create a profile and posted a photobucket link with my project pictures.

I wish it would be easier as I'd like to share my project!

Good luck

Race

JohnnyCW
#3 Print Post
Posted on 06/02/10 - 9:44 AM

Image file size cant be more than 125Kb and the pics cant be wider than 640 pixels.

Most pohoto editing software can be used to adjust the pics to an appropriate size.

Picture width is easy to figure out but actual file size can be a bit more challanging in some software. Saving a picture with lower quality visual settings will usually reduce the file size.

Also, dont use any spaces in the file names.

los is 7
#4 Print Post
Posted on 06/02/10 - 11:11 AM

I hear ya! I've given up posting pics. here. Love the site, but posting pics is not easy... for me anyway.
I'm not sure how they do it on Bloodydecks.com, but that has been the easiest place to load pics.

Joe Kriz
#5 Print Post
Posted on 06/02/10 - 11:36 AM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Comments: 452

It's like learning how to tie your shoes or riding a bicycle for the first time.
Once you learn, you don't forget it.

For those that don't have the time or don't want to take the time to learn, you can put a link in your profile under "Website" to your photo album somewhere else on the Internet.
This will also add that link to "Members Personal Websites" on the left sidebar.
http://www.whalercentral.com/infusion...ites_3.php

I do want to mention again, we are not interested in anyway, any photos from outside sources. People change the photos around on those outside sources, delete them, etc. and does not do WhalerCentral any good for future reference when they do this.
Far too many Free hosting services have quit and shut their doors leaving bad links all across the Internet and leaving the owners of the photos having to go somewhere else.

Creating a personal page is easy to do and there are FAQ's and Tutorials to show you how.
For reducing your photos, you can try the ones we have listed or do a search on the Internet for something else that might work for you.

DownTonset
#6 Print Post
Posted on 08/13/10 - 1:13 PM
Personal Page

los is 7 wrote:
I've given up posting pics. here. Love the site, but posting pics is not easy... for me anyway.

I can't figure it out, either. I've been tearing out what little hair I have left trying to upload pics to my personal page--so far, no dice.

1984 Montauk--1984 Evinrude 90

Joe Kriz
#7 Print Post
Posted on 08/13/10 - 1:19 PM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

I looked at your photos and found nothing wrong with them.
What kind of error are you getting?

I just uploaded the 2 photos you sent me without any problems.

Please let us know what error you are receiving when uploading photos.

NOTE:
A lot of times people on Windows computers tries to upload a lowercase .jpg but the computer still uploads it as capital .JPG ..... (This may depend on what version of Windows you are using.)
This will not work and some settings may need changing in your computer.
Please ask others for help else as I don't do Windows.

Edited by Joe Kriz on 08/13/10 - 1:23 PM

DownTonset
#8 Print Post
Posted on 08/13/10 - 1:34 PM
Personal Page

Joe Kriz wrote:
I looked at your photos and found nothing wrong with them.
What kind of error are you getting?

I just uploaded the 2 photos you sent me without any problems.

Please let us know what error you are receiving when uploading photos.

NOTE:
A lot of times people on Windows computers tries to upload a lowercase .jpg but the computer still uploads it as capital .JPG ..... (This may depend on what version of Windows you are using.)
This will not work and some settings may need changing in your computer.
Please ask others for help else as I don't do Windows.

Joe--
Those pics I sent you were from a remote sharing site, so I can't use them here. I can reduce the files on my computer to the appropriate pixel size, but, like so many others, I can't seem to get them to meet the <195 KB criterion that this site requires. Thanks for the help, though. I'll either figure it out eventually, or I won't, I guess.

Edited by DownTonset on 08/13/10 - 1:37 PM

Joe Kriz
#9 Print Post
Posted on 08/13/10 - 1:46 PM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

As long as the photos are in your possession on your computer then they are not on a remote site... even though those same photos may also be located on a remote site.

You could have tried to upload those photos you sent me and that probably would have worked.

Keep trying and good luck.

DownTonset
#10 Print Post
Posted on 08/13/10 - 2:07 PM
Personal Page

Joe Kriz wrote:
As long as the photos are in your possession on your computer then they are not on a remote site... even though those same photos may also be located on a remote site.

You could have tried to upload those photos you sent me and that probably would have worked.

Keep trying and good luck.

Woo-Hoo! Success!

ioptfm
#11 Print Post
Posted on 08/13/10 - 6:19 PM
Personal Page

Comments: 3

I still wish someone could explain to me how to post just one simple photo within a thread. I realize that we don't won't lots of pics in a thread, but some times just one simple pic in the initial opening thread can make a huge difference in getting a point across

Tom
1979 Sport 15'

Joe Kriz
#12 Print Post
Posted on 08/13/10 - 6:24 PM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Tom,

Does this help?
FAQ section under "Working with Images":
http://www.whalercentral.com/faq.php?...p?cat_id=3

ioptfm
#13 Print Post
Posted on 08/19/10 - 1:45 AM
Personal Page

Comments: 3

Actually Joe is does not help. That tells me how to add a profile pic, an avatar, a photo link and says not to add more than one or two pics per thread but still doesn't tell me how to insert a single pic in a thread. I must be missing something Sad

Tom
1979 Sport 15'

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 17, 2024 - 11:40 PM
Users Online
Welcome
fdb
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 7
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,101
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,628
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 399
· Sport 15 364

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.20 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,498,991 unique visits