View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
2002 255 Conquest Headliner Replacement or Repair
warnerelli
#1 Print Post
Posted on 08/23/14 - 6:57 AM
Personal Page

Comments: 0

I have a 2002 255 Conquest and the cabin headliner has cracked. Emerald Coast made the headliners for Whaler but went out of business in or about 2008. Any searches for a replacement have proven negative. Can anyone advise me of a similiar situation, repair options, etc. or where a replacement can be located.

I plan to remove headliner this winter and attempt to patch it myself and looking to use a glue called MAX-1 from MABRI Systems. Can anyone advise if you have used this glue and your opinion. Also, any guideance on headliner removal.

Thanks

Jim Warner

[Moderator moved thread to proper forum. This is a repair item and not a location item]

Edited by Phil T on 08/23/14 - 8:01 AM

VA Whaler
#2 Print Post
Posted on 08/23/14 - 1:31 PM
Personal Page

Hey Jim,

I'm not sure if the headliner in the Conquest is anything close to the material used in 1979 22' Revenge but mine was falling down and falling apart from old age. When you'd brush against the material you'd be coated in a fine white dust. With my luck they used asbestos in their headliner material those days. Doubtful but even if not toxic it was going to be a dirty job so I bought a respirator and just started scraping off the headliner and the thin layer of foam that was underneath with a putty knife and a utility knife. I also had an industrial sized shop vac running to help clear the air.

I need to remove the windows to remove the liner behind them but will wait until its time to install the material. Now I have just a hard ceiling but at least now when you brush against the cabin walls you don't get coated in white dust.

When I bought my boat the former owner included a roll of the OEM headliner material but I might install something different. So if I were you, just visit an upholstery shop (preferably a marine shop) and see what they can do for you.

Good luck

John

Edited by VA Whaler on 08/23/14 - 1:36 PM

warnerelli
#3 Print Post
Posted on 08/25/14 - 7:47 AM
Personal Page

Thanks John! Yes -- our headliners are not the same. The Conquest has a one piece solid, I believe to be plastic, piece. While taking it out will not be an easy task it should be mush simpliar than your experience.

Jim

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
April 16, 2024 - 10:43 AM
Users Online
Welcome
mleonetti
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 18
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,008
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,623
· Sport 13 1,356
· Outrage 18 549
· Nauset 16 396
· Sport 15 363

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.14 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 82,939,873 unique visits