View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
My 1974 Lo Pro Conversion
carter samford
#21 Print Post
Posted on 08/10/14 - 12:28 PM

Comments: 0

Mr. Slickfish,
You apparently know me, who are you? La Porte is not that big of a place.
Do you still have a Lo pro?
I knew it was a matter of time before someone mentioned Daryl.
I am not going to bash Daryl but this boat still has problems. I have major repair plans for this winter. As far as it still looking good there is not much of the original boat that I bought still there. The bare hull console shell and the motor is about it. I am just making the best of it and having some fun this summer.
CG Wilson,
I would be happy to post some pictures but my boat is a good example of how NOT to rig your drains. This is one of the things I have planned for this winter.
Call email or text me and I will send you photos of what I have. I don't know what part of town you live in but you are welcome to come look at my boat also. I would be interested in any plans you have on this because I am still not sure what I am going to do here either.
Carter
281 799 3054

slickfish
#22 Print Post
Posted on 08/11/14 - 7:59 PM

Carter I don't know you other than you bought that boat from Darryl. yes I have a 1976. What problems are you having that need attention? I'd like to know so hopefully I can prevent the same problems with mine if it's such an issue that mine needs the attention yours is needing. appreciate your help.

carter samford
#23 Print Post
Posted on 08/12/14 - 6:33 AM

Slickfish,

The two major problems are with the deck drains and there is still issues with the utility tunnel. I would not rig the utility tunnel like this one was done. Going from the motor to the sump is the right way to do this.
There are a few things I want to do and undo to just make it right. You mentioned the console being cut. This was a mistake I feel like a monkey on a basketball when at the helm just because it is too low. I plan on glassing in and raising the console six or seven inches. Like I mentioned there are some other things that need to be addressed but these are the big items.
Why don't you give me a call? I would like to get with you and show you what I have and I would like to see your boat too.
Carter
281 799 3054

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
March 29, 2024 - 12:58 AM
Users Online
Welcome
93SL16MN
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 19
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 49,964
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,622
· Sport 13 1,354
· Outrage 18 549
· Nauset 16 396
· Sport 15 363

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.15 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 82,706,473 unique visits