View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
my presentation
luciusvar
#1 Print Post
Posted on 10/27/13 - 12:26 AM

Comments: 0

Hello,
I am French and I live in France. (near Paris)
I'm sorry for my English language is not in the top
I inherited a Montauk 17 feet of my grandfather.
There is much work to be done to navigate.
it has never been registered in France as it sailed on a private lake.
the certificate of conformity has been lost and I'm looking for the method to have one.
I mailed in Boston France but I did not answer.
It is a 17 montauk 1985 according to the line of Montauk.
good day to you
(here in France it rains and a storm is expected for two days)

Joe Kriz
#2 Print Post
Posted on 10/27/13 - 11:00 AM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Comments: 452

Hi luciusvar,

I am not sure what a certificate of conformity is in France.
Is that something like a title?

Maybe someone here that is more familiar with things in France can help you better.
If it is just a missing title, then your registration department may be able to help you get a new one.

Tom W Clark
#3 Print Post
Posted on 10/27/13 - 12:04 PM
Personal Page

Comments: 7

I don't know how to acquire a certificate of conformity in France, but I suspect that whatever it takes, proving the boat's provenance is a starting point.

Contact Boston Whaler Customer Service with your Hull Identification Number (HIN) as well as the Stenciled Serial number.

They will be able to tell when the boat was made, what model it was and where it was shipped to when it left the factory.

kamie
#4 Print Post
Posted on 10/27/13 - 12:59 PM
Personal Page
Project Albums

Comments: 3

a certificate of conformity should have come from Boston Whaler when the boat was new. Contact Customer Service and see if they can reissue one, you may have to work through a local dealer or possibly the dealer who originally got the boat.

Silentpardner
#5 Print Post
Posted on 10/27/13 - 2:27 PM
Personal Page

Comments: 1

kamie wrote:
a certificate of conformity should have come from Boston Whaler when the boat was new. Contact Customer Service and see if they can reissue one, you may have to work through a local dealer or possibly the dealer who originally got the boat.

HUH?

The only "certificate of conformity" that I have ever heard of being issued with a Boston Whaler boat that I can think of would be the Hull Capacity Plate on the boat per ABYC standards. The A in that abbreviation is for AMERICAN, no French certification is issued. This vessel will need to be certified to meet this requirement for titling in Europe.

Edited by Silentpardner on 10/27/13 - 2:28 PM

Tom W Clark
#6 Print Post
Posted on 10/27/13 - 3:41 PM
Personal Page

Comments: 7

Folks, it's a big world out there. America is just part of it and the not the only place Boston Whalers are sold and used. All Whalers sold in Europe with have their CE marks but because 1985 predates the European Union, as we know it now, I am not sure about the CoC of a 1985 Whaler.

Again, I would start with Boston Whaler Customer Service.

bob camire
#7 Print Post
Posted on 10/27/13 - 6:14 PM

Comments: 4

Dear Luciusvar,
Welcome to this Boston Whaler site. . Please do not worry about your english..its fine. I hope you enjoy the knowledge shared by its members as much as I. Bonne Chance !

2006 Dauntless 160, 115 HP Merc 4 Stroke, 2012 Venture Trailer

kamie
#8 Print Post
Posted on 10/27/13 - 7:01 PM
Personal Page
Project Albums

Silentpardner wrote:
kamie wrote:

HUH?

The only "certificate of conformity" that I have ever heard of being issued with a Boston Whaler boat that I can think of would be the Hull Capacity Plate on the boat per ABYC standards. The A in that abbreviation is for AMERICAN, no French certification is issued. This vessel will need to be certified to meet this requirement for titling in Europe.

A french certification would have been issued for any hull imported into France. A CoC is simply a statement by the manufacture that the boat, plane whatever they are importing and selling meets all current regulations. ABCY standards mean nothing outside the US, and as Tom pointed out, Boston Whalers are sold all over the world, in France there are 10 Boston Whaler dealers.

ritzyrags
#9 Print Post
Posted on 10/27/13 - 8:09 PM
Project Albums

Comments: 36

Mais alors Lucius

You already have your answer in the posts above.
And further to this..
Post here your stencil number and also your metal tag complete number in your next message.
This should help the wheels to get rolling toward your goal.
D'accord?

Dont lie
Dont Cheat
And dont give up..

Joe Kriz
#10 Print Post
Posted on 10/27/13 - 10:23 PM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Comments: 452

Serge,

He has added his boat info in his profile. Click on his name to bring up his profile.

It is indeed a 1985 year model.
I have also added his boat to the Montauk list.
http://www.whalercentral.com/articles...icle_id=17

luciusvar
#11 Print Post
Posted on 10/28/13 - 1:25 AM

hello all of you
thank you for your answers and I think I need to contact BOSTON USA for the certificate of conformity.
It's just a paper translated into several languages saying that my boston complies with regulations.
I will put pictures of my HIN, and boat that you see a little what to expect as this job on hull

http://www.pccreation.net/dm/photos/2...092100.JPG

http://www.pccreation.net/dm/photos/2...092141.JPG

http://www.pccreation.net/dm/photos/2...092257.JPG

(Here the storm rages)

Edited by Tom W Clark on 10/28/13 - 7:30 AM

Binkie
#12 Print Post
Posted on 10/28/13 - 5:48 AM
Personal Page

Looking at the pictures, I see you have some work to do. Do you have the center console for the boat?

Rich

Petrus
#13 Print Post
Posted on 10/28/13 - 11:27 AM
Personal Page

Looks like you have some work to do. But it is a great boat that you will like a lot.
I'm glad we don't need any certificates or registrations here in Sweden for smaller boats.
How's the storm going in France? It should have reached south of Sweden now. Still waiting for it to move more north where I live. But still very calm.

1997 Montauk 17, Suzuki DF90A

luciusvar
#14 Print Post
Posted on 10/28/13 - 9:47 PM

Binkie wrote:
Looking at the pictures, I see you have some work to do. Do you have the center console for the boat?

I ve got it and the original center console, .... seat, i've got all originals accessories for this hull.

Edited by luciusvar on 10/28/13 - 9:48 PM

luciusvar
#15 Print Post
Posted on 10/28/13 - 10:10 PM

Petrus wrote:
Looks like you have some work to do. But it is a great boat that you will like a lot.
I'm glad we don't need any certificates or registrations here in Sweden for smaller boats.
How's the storm going in France? It should have reached south of Sweden now. Still waiting for it to move more north where I live. But still very calm.

yesterday the storm did not do too much damage here, Ile de France, just winds 140 see 150 km / h, a little rain. she calmed down at night.
I think she must be in Sweden and Norway now, good luck northerners

regarding my Montauk 17, I had an email from Chuck Bennett from Boston Whaler USA. He can do nothing for me and I am very disappointed. My boat does not have CE certification for non abligatoire boat built before 1995 or 1999. But I need a "certificate of tonnage and construction according to the model type", this is just what is lacking for the paper to register in France.
So here I am back at the starting point, "How have the certificate?"
otherwise I'd have to destroy the boat that I inherited from my grandfather.
ah the French administration and administrative complications !!!!

Silentpardner
#16 Print Post
Posted on 10/29/13 - 8:19 AM
Personal Page

Comments: 1

That is exactly what I suspected would happen, but don't give up yet! You will need to find out which ministry in France issues this certification and apply. The Montauk 17 is listed in their certification of models.

I had a co-worker and friend at Rhone-Poulenc that purchased a Whaler while on exchange to our site in Texas years ago, (in the mid-80's), then returned to France with it after about 6 months. I remember when he came back to Texas a few years later, he described the administrative process as being difficult, but he was successful in getting registration.

Once you find out which of the administrations, (ministries), that issues the certification, you should be able to submit the paperwork you have on the model and year of the boat, along with a fee, to them for review. It is my understanding that the ministry has a list of boats that it will compare your information with, and the Boston Whaler boats are all on it and certifiable. Good Luck!

I am sorry but I lost contact with Ettienne many years ago, I wish I could refer you to him directly. I am sure he could help :( When he returned to Paris after his second exchange with our facility, we lost touch.

Edited by Silentpardner on 10/29/13 - 8:45 AM

luciusvar
#17 Print Post
Posted on 11/24/13 - 11:56 PM

hello,
news of my administrative record for my 17 montauk ....
it appears that the boat manufactured before 1998 do not need a certificate of compliance and so I'll be able to register ....
It was an administrative battle but the fact is that it is set!

Good day everyone and thank you for your support, here it is 9:00 in the morning but I think you're sleeping!!

Edited by luciusvar on 11/24/13 - 11:56 PM

kamie
#18 Print Post
Posted on 11/25/13 - 12:27 AM
Personal Page
Project Albums

Congrats and getting through the bureaucratic mess. Keep us posted on the restore, lots of good experience here to help you along if you get stuck.

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
April 19, 2024 - 7:13 PM
Users Online
Welcome
Mjglawrence
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 12
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,015
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,624
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 549
· Nauset 16 396
· Sport 15 363

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.21 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 82,982,674 unique visits