View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
Posting your email address in the Public Forums
Joe Kriz
#1 Print Post
Posted on 07/23/13 - 2:29 PM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Comments: 452

Posting your email address in the forum section or other places is NOT a good idea.
Posting your address like that, Spammers or trouble makers will then be able to gather your email address.

Everyone is required to sign up with your valid email address when you register on this site.
That email address cannot be viewed by anyone but a member that is logged in to WhalerCentral.
All members that want to email you can view your profile and send you an email.
This way, non-members will not be able to harvest your email address and sell it on the open market.
This helps in your security and privacy.

We highly recommend not posting your email address in the discussion areas. comments, etc.
Simply suggest to other members to look in your profile if they want to contact you via an email.
If you have chosen to "Hide" your email in your profile, then no one will see your email address or be able to send you an email except the admins here.

If anyone needs to change their email in their profile to keep it up to date, just let us know.
By sending us an email, we then can confirm and verify that address and can update it for you.

Hope this helps as we take security and privacy very importantly here.

Edited by Joe Kriz on 05/01/13 - 5:42 PM

Joe Kriz
#2 Print Post
Posted on 09/30/13 - 3:05 PM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

If anyone needs their email address changed in their profile, please let me know by sending me an email from the current email address you are using now.

When I see someone posting their email in the public forums, I automatically assume that the email in their profile is no longer current. I will then ask them in their post if the email in their profile is current or not.

Joe Kriz
#3 Print Post
Posted on 06/06/14 - 1:56 PM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Bringing this back up again as members are still posting their email in the discussion areas.

To view a members email, just click on their name and that will bring up their profile with their email address.

Due to many other reasons not mentioned above, we are no longer allowing email addresses anywhere on this site except in your profile.

Many sites already have this feature.
eBay is just one of many that I know of. You cannot see anyone's email on eBay.
You can contact someone on eBay but their email address will not show up in any of the ads.
There are many other sites like this and now we are joining in.
It is best for this site.

So, all email addresses will be removed from any and all discussion areas or anywhere else on this site except your profile.
Again, you can contact anyone on this site by clicking on their profile if they don't have their address hidden.
If their email address is hidden, then they do not want to be contacted. That is their choice.

Thanks for everyone's co-operation and understanding.

Edited by Joe Kriz on 04/21/14 - 5:16 PM

ritzyrags
#4 Print Post
Posted on 07/16/14 - 12:29 PM
Project Albums

Comments: 36

Thank You for the update on the EMail posting Joe.
I know that I am not the only one to have won numerous cruises by answering a few questions on the phone from surveys..

Dont lie
Dont Cheat
And dont give up..

Joe Kriz
#5 Print Post
Posted on 04/28/15 - 1:24 PM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Everyone, do not post your email address anywhere on this site except in your profile.

Email addresses will be removed from posts or comments, etc.
This just isn't for your protection. There are many other reasons that pertain to our site.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Edited by Joe Kriz on 08/15/14 - 12:56 PM

Joe Kriz
#6 Print Post
Posted on 05/19/15 - 4:10 PM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Far too many people are still trying to put their email address here.
This is not appropriate for many reasons.
I know this is difficult for everyone to see and it is not anyone's fault. It's just the way it is these days with many sites.

So, this is a heads up if you see your email address deleted from the discussion areas or comments sections on this site.

Your email is in your profile already and that is this only place allowed.
Members can click on your name and then send you an email.

All email addresses placed in other sections of this site will be removed.
No Exceptions.

Edited by Joe Kriz on 05/01/15 - 5:42 PM

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
April 23, 2024 - 10:15 PM
Users Online
Welcome
GreedyGoose00
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 9
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,018
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,624
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 550
· Nauset 16 396
· Sport 15 363

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.15 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,035,825 unique visits